Frequently Asked Yoga Questions
Are you a beginner yoga student? Or starting at our yoga studio for the first time? Below are the answers to the most frequently asked questions about starting a yoga practice. Give them a read! After that, we hope you feel as prepared and at-ease as possible beginning your yoga practice.
Have more questions? E-mail us at email@example.com and we will be happy to answer them.
- If you have any injuries or physical conditions that impact physical activity, please let us know so that we can offer advice.
- Place your mat near the center of the room, in a “parking spot,” so that you can see people in front and back of you for help in the postures.
- Grab a block.
- Ease in as needed, and have patience with yourself. You do NOT have to do every pose; each class you will do more and more. You wouldn’t expect to run a marathon on your first run, right?
- In our Hot Power Yoga classes, postures are linked together in a vinyasa (meaning “flow”). You will often see the transition “chatarunga (low plank), up dog, down dog.” If you need to back off, a good way to modify is to go straight to down dog (skipping low plank and up dog).
- If you feel like you need a break, it is important to not leave the room, if at all possible. Leaving the room cools your body rapidly, which makes it harder to come back in and re-adjust. Simply sit or lay down, or take child’s pose, and notice your breathing. Join back in as you can.
- If you have any questions about the practice or individual postures, ask an instructor – we love questions!
- Make a schedule for yourself and stay committed. 2-3 classes per week will bring results. 5-6 times will transform your life.
- Before you enter the practice space, please take off your shoes and place them in a cubby hole or on a shoe rack. Practice is barefoot.
- The practice space is a cell phone free zone. Please place your phone on vibrate or silent and leave it outside of the class. If you're on call or do need your phone, please let a teacher know.
- If you have any injuries, limitations, or concerns, please let us know so we can help you stay safe!
- There are black tape marks on the floor of the studio. When choosing a spot on the floor, please take your mat and slide the top two corners of your mat into two black 'parking spots.' The studio can fit a lot of students, and these spots have been measured out and staggered to give everyone plenty of space!